The GT wheel is a high performance wheel that combines the toughness of blended elastomers and quality steel with the advanced wheel design to carry heavy loads without component breakdown. It will resist most chemicals in industrial and institutional environments. The GT wheel will perform continuously for extended periods on all surfaces and under all conditions. This wheel provides excellent rollability with minimum effort. It will absorb impacts without damage that would shatter other wheels. The GT will perform under the most extreme temperatures almost entirely maintenance free, and will roll mile after mile with virtually no tread wear.
The GT Wheel advanced wheel design:
- carries immense loads without component breakdown
- moves smoothly and accurately with an absolute minimum pounds of force required to initiate and sustain momentum
- resists chemical onslaughts from nearly every source
- performs continuously for very extended periods on all surfaces and under all conditions
- absorbs impacts without damage that would shatter other wheels
- continues to perform under the most extreme temperatures
- rolls mile after mile with virtually no tread wear
- performs almost entirely maintenance free
- will not flat spot
- one piece construction
The GT Wheel's premium blend of high strength/high performance elastomers, plus its state-of-the-art wheel architecture combine to provide 5%-15% more capacity than any other solid elastomer wheel available on the market.
The GT Wheel is immune to practically every chemical currently in use in industrial/institutional environments.
Probably the most important aspect of day-to-day wheel usage is rollability. In tests involving rolling effort for two swivel casters carrying a load of 1150 pounds per cart, the GT Wheel was matched against competition in straight line pulling effort: 90 degrees to the direction of travel and 180 degrees to the direction of travel. Both wheels were elastomer, were equipped with precision ball bearings and were mounted into identical caster frames. The results of the tests as measured by a computer using a load cell clearly indicate that the GT Wheel provides momentum and maneuverability at half the effort - see the chart below:
Pounds of Effort to Initiate Movement
90 Degree Start
180 Degree Start
RWM GT Wheel
RWM engineers subjected the GT Wheel to a battery of exhaustive tests on both smooth and rough surfaces, as well as on a metal obstacle testing machine designed to simulate the most challenging workplace conditions. Here are the results of those tests:
Reduced Tread Wear
- In continuous rolling tests - at a maximum capacity, and at three miles per hour - the GT Wheel outperformed competitors by a four-to-one ratio, rolling on and on while competitors' wheels literally melted.
- The same four-to-one ratio also applied to obstacle test, proving conclusively that the GT Wheel is not only the most maneuverable wheel on the market, but also the most durable wheel on the market.
Following the grueling endurance test described above, and after many miles of continuous rolling under the most challenging conditions, a diameter measurement of the GT Wheel showed a minuscule wear factor of less than .007" or practically no wear at all.
Extended Temperature Performance
Most wheels melt or shatter at temperature extremes - but the GT Wheel provides sustained performance at temperatures ranging from -40 degrees F to +275 degrees F.
The GT wheel's unique combination of chemical com- position and wheel design equipped to withstand vastly greater impacts than other wheels. While phenolic, hard rubber, cast iron, and thermoplastic constructions shatter, the GT Wheel rolls on effortlessly.
Ease of Maintenance
The GT Wheel's one-piece design and sealed, precision ball bearing combine with a tremendous ability to resist the effects of water and chemicals to make it literally maintenance free.
The GT Wheel offers you the finest in-shop industrial and institutional transportation capabilities available anywhere!
The GT Wheel offers you the finest in-shop industrial and institutional transportation capabilities available anywhere! In addition to its many other applications, the GT Wheel's ability to handle extremely heavy loads, to traverse both smooth and rough floors, and to sustain heavy impact without damage make it ideal for manual moving of equipment as well as for use in tow line applications.