At RWM Casters, we pride ourselves on using the best materials and designs in our industrial caster wheels. This includes our line of polyurethane wheels, which are made of premium polytetramethylene ether glycol (PTMEG), a material that outperforms PPG compounds found in our competitors’ wheels.
Polyurethane tread is the ideal way to provide a shock-absorbing cushion between your valuable products and the floor. Our wheels are also known for their noise reduction, durable performance at high speeds, and ability to bear more weight than rubber. In short, when you choose polyurethane wheels from RWM Casters, you can expect resilient, long-lasting products that will serve you well for many years and miles of use.
Check out the polyurethane wheels we offer! If you would like to learn more about how to determine what the capacity is required for your specific type of application contact RWM Casters or place an order!
Capacity (Up to, Per Pound)
Urethane vs. Polyurethane Wheels
When searching for the ideal caster wheel material for your needs, you might have come across the terms “urethane” and “polyurethane.” Polyurethane is the polymer version of urethane, but they are essentially the same material.
However, different techniques used in the production of polyurethane wheels affect the quality of the finished product. For instance, if a manufacturer uses urethane designed for non-dynamic applications, it will not have the same durability as a high-quality polyurethane wheel from RWM Casters.
It’s also critical for industrial wheels to be produced using hot-cast urethane so they can carry out dynamic applications in high-demand settings without premature wear. The quality control processes implemented at RWM Casters ensure we only deliver the absolute finest products to our customers.
All the Polyurethane Wheels We Have To Offer: Made in the USA
RWM Casters is pleased to offer the best polyurethane wheel lineup in the industry. Here’s what we offer:
- Solid Urethane Wheels
- Urethane on Iron Wheels
- Hyperflex 80A Wheels
- Extraglide 70D Wheels
- Urethane on Aluminum Wheels
- Torus Wheels
- ESD Wheel
- Automotive Wheels
- Infinity Vulkollan® Wheels
- Omega Wheels
- Ultra Thick Urethane Wheels
- Whisper Wheels
- Ultra-Ride 80A Wheels
- Ultra-Roll 70D Wheels
- Urethane on Polypropylene
- Urethane Solid Wheels
Learn more about the Omega Wheel. This polyurethane wheel can retain bonds at high speeds and resists picking up metal chips. Contact RWM at (866) 254-1110 to speak with our team about the many advantages you can enjoy when choosing the Omega Wheel for your automotive plant, towline application, or other needs.
The Benefits of Polyurethane Wheels
While each type of polyurethane wheel has its own unique benefits, they all share some of the same valuable qualities, such as:
- Noise reduction: Compared to steel or cast iron, polyurethane wheels roll much more quietly, creating a more pleasant working environment for your employees.
- Load-bearing capacity: You might choose urethane wheels if you’re looking for the same benefits as rubber, but you require higher load-bearing capacities.
- Coefficient of friction: Sliding can be a problem for metal wheels, but polyurethane has more traction to keep carts steady.
- Floor protection: When rolling heavy loads on finished flooring such as concrete and tile, you need to know the wheels won’t damage the floor. Polyurethane reduces the stress on your flooring for prolonged use without fear of damage.
- Corrosion resistance: Urethane wheels are suitable for harsh environments where they might be exposed to oil, grease, salt, blood, or harsh chemicals.
What Are the Possible Uses for Polyurethane Wheels?
Available in a wide array of durometers and thicknesses, our polyurethane wheels dominate nearly any application with capacities ranging from 150 to 10,300 pounds. Some possible applications include:
- Food service
- Material handling
- Office buildings
- Schools and restaurants
- Light industrial settings
Why Choose RWM Casters for Replacement Polyurethane Wheels?
When you’re looking for wheels that offer excellent shock absorbency, noise reduction, rollability, durability, and high-speed functionality, look no further than polyurethane wheels. Products from RWM Casters are superior to the competition thanks to our use of high-quality PTMEG polyurethane.