While the engineering and craftmanship that go into each of our casters, wheels, and material handling products are complex, our goal has remained unchanged for the past 85 years: to build products with unmatched durability, unequaled longevity, and unerring application – every single time.
As the inventor of the market-leading Kingpinless™ caster, we were the first to craft the best solution for demanding and arduous terrain. Our world-renowned Kingpinless™ casters are known overseas as “American-style casters,” and they are now copied worldwide. However, our original and patented design has never been improved upon by others and is still recognized as the market-leading choice!
Expert Wheels & Casters for Every Application
At RWM, we understand the importance of the correct caster for your intended application – whether you rely on premium wheels and casters for aerospace, automotive, industrial, or agricultural manufacturing, RWM provides comprehensive, as well as customized, solutions to meet your needs. From the efficient performance of the light- and medium-duty casters, to the brute strength of our larger, single and dual wheel Kingpinless™ casters, our emphasis is consistently on the perfect match for the task at hand.
Modern Manufacturing & Production Techniques
Our primary mission at RWM is to continue developing and manufacturing the high-value casters, wheels, and material handling products for our worldwide customer base. We maintain a reputation that places us at the leading edge of superior engineering through our modern manufacturing techniques and comprehensive customer service.
Premium Manufacturing Capabilities
We understand that not all products are standard, one-size-fits-all items. Throughout our 85 years of industrial caster and wheel production, we have developed a catalogue of our primary, standard caster, wheel, and material handling products; however, we have also created thousands of custom-designed industrial casters and wheels. We have the engineering and manufacturing capabilities to design items specifically for your individualized needs. We are active in the design, prototyping, and production process to get our customers the solution that is uniquely suited to their exact application.
Our in-house manufacturing operations consist of:
- In-house tool & die shop
- CNC turning centers up to 20″
- Fully automated high-density plasma cutting tables
- Fusion Arc 2 cell robotic weld center
- Fusion Arc 2 cell robotic weld center with tailstock
- Fusion Arc 3 cell robotic weld center with tailstock
- Fusion Arc 4 cell robotic weld center
- Lincoln and Miller MIG welders
- Stamping and forming presses
- Engine lathes
- Milling and grinding centers
- Heat treatment
- Vibratory and blast finishing
- Hot rinse part preparation
- Spray booth and dipping stations
- Powder coating
- Electropolishing line for stainless steel
Unmatched Quality Control & Testing
Our dedicated and knowledgeable staff perform rigorous quality control and testing to ensure our casters, wheels, and material handling products maintain the highest level of quality.
Our quality assurance process covers the following:
- ISO 9001 registered
- ICWM member company
- RWM quality standards meet or exceed that of ICWM
- Heavy-duty hydraulic drum testing machine up to 12mph
- Variable high-speed drum test machine
- Cart push/pull testing
- F.T.M.A. durability testing
- Shock absorber height and rebound testing
- Static load testing
- Wheel tread adhesion test
- Brake engagement & holding power
- Impact and shock load testing
- Material hardness
- Chemical composition analysis
- Metallographic examination
- Faro Gage 3-D Inspection CMM
- ICWM caster production
Superior Engineering & Design
Our engineers aspire to conceptualize, design, and construct the most innovative and technologically superior industrial casters and wheel products in the industry. Our catalog of over 70,000 material handling products grows each day, as custom design and fabrication continues to be a mainstay. Our industry-leading engineers perform the following duties at the highest level:
- Autodesk Inventor Simulation Suite
- FEA capabilities
- Design & prototype
- Complete 3-D modeling & website 3-D integration
- AutoCad and 2-D possibilities
- ISO standards & procedures
- 3-D printer
RWM Casters has long been a leader of innovation within the caster, wheel, and material handling industry. From the invention of the Kingpinless™ caster to today, we are committed to continuing with innovations and engineering that will keep our position as a leader in the marketplace. We are proud to bring our customers exactly what they need so that they can effectively and efficiently perform their operations at the highest level.
If you’d like to discuss your unique application’s caster, wheel, or material handling needs, of if you’d like to view a sampling of our custom manufactured products, give the team at RWM Casters a call today at 800-634-7704 or contact us online for more information. We are standing by to provide you with the industry-leading products and quality customer service you deserve.