Urethane vs. Polyurethane Wheels
When searching for the ideal caster wheel material for your needs, you might have come across the terms “urethane” and “polyurethane.” Polyurethane is the polymer version of urethane, but they are essentially the same material, and the terms are often used interchangeably.
However, different techniques used in the production of polyurethane wheels affect the quality of the finished product. For instance, if a manufacturer uses urethane designed for non-dynamic applications, it will not have the same durability as a high-quality polyurethane wheel from RWM Casters.
It’s also critical for industrial wheels to be produced using hot-cast urethane so they can carry out dynamic applications in high-demand settings without premature wear. The quality control processes implemented at RWM Casters ensure we only deliver the absolute finest products to our customers.
All the Polyurethane Wheels We Have To Offer: Made in the USA
RWM Casters is pleased to offer the best polyurethane wheel lineup in the industry. Here’s what we offer:
- Solid Urethane Wheels: For smooth, silent operation, resistance to chemicals, grease, and moisture, and protection against chunking and tearing, our solid urethane wheels are what you need.
- Urethane on Iron Wheels: High-quality urethane is liquid cast and chemically bonded to a cast-iron core to provide reliable performance in heavy-duty applications.
- Hyperflex 85A Wheels: Utilizing a soft urethane tread, these wheels offer superior noise reduction and non-marking treads for floor protection.
- Extraglide 70D Wheels: Durability, ease of use, and corrosion resistance are just some of the advantages of this versatile urethane wheel.
- Urethane on Aluminum Wheels: RWM’s high-quality urethane is bonded to an aluminum core to create these wheels. They offer easy movement and a longer life than rubber wheels.
- Torus Wheels: Designed for use in continuous towline applications, this urethane wheel will protect floors, reduce noise, and reduce push-pull requirements.
- ESD Wheel: Our electrostatic dissipative wheels are the wheels you need for smooth transport of sensitive equipment, including hospital devices, computers, and other sensitive electronics.
- Automotive Wheels: As the name implies, this urethane wheel is optimally designed for demanding automotive applications, including towlines and cellular work areas.
- Infinity Vulkollan® Wheels: Thanks to the high-quality Vulkollan® polyurethane used to manufacture these wheels, you can enjoy an exceptionally durable wheel.
- Omega Wheels: This urethane wheel’s unique design allows it to retain bonds at high speed, reduce noise, resist chunking, and so much more.
- Ultra Thick Urethane Wheels: Capable of supporting up to 10,300 pounds, this wheel can withstand some of your heaviest applications.
- Whisper Wheels: Aptly named, these wheels are as quiet as a whisper while also protecting your floor and providing shock absorption.
- Ultra-Ride 80A Wheels: If you need to minimize floor contact pressure, this ultra-elastic, high-rebound, soft-tread urethane wheel is for you.
- Ultra-Roll 70D Wheels: This robust wheel can support up to 5,750 pounds with its thick urethane tread and reinforced core.
- Urethane on Polypropylene: Our polyurethane is bonded to a high-density polypropylene core, creating benefits such as eliminating bond separation from wet conditions.
- Urethane Solid Wheels: If you need a wheel that will work in a high-moisture environment, look no further than our urethane solid wheel.