As a leading domestic manufacturer of industrial casters since 1935 as well as being the originator and market leader in kingpinless casters, RWM Casters primary mission is to continue developing and manufacturing high-value casters, wheels and material handling products that fully satisfy our worldwide customer’s needs. Our total commitment to this mission is evident from our reputation for combining superior engineering experience and talent with modern manufacturing techniques, an emphasis on high-quality products and comprehensive customer service.
RWM Casters, the inventor of the Kingpinless™ caster, is the recognized market leader for industrial casters. Now copied worldwide, the Kingpinless™ caster is known today overseas as the “American-style caster.”
Our original patented design, having never been improved upon by others, is the recognized best solution for demanding and abusive applications. Don’t purchase an inferior knock-off—contact RWM Casters for the proven winning solution.
From the efficient performance of the light and medium duty casters to the brute strength of the big single and dual wheel kingpinless casters, the emphasis at RWM is on a perfect match to meet the task at hand. We offer:
- Patented kingpinless swivel sections shoulder the stresses of heavy loads
- A wide range of top plate options to retrofit almost any caster mounting plate configuration
- Strong, flexible, super tight neoprene swivel seals to keep moisture and debris away from the swivel sections, assuring longevity and performance
- Patented offset raceway construction to transfer forces to the areas of maximum strength of the swivel section, overcoming the inherent weakness of clone kingpinless designs
- A tremendous range of wheel compositions and constructions to provide maximum performance and rollability while shrugging off every environmental threat, from rough floors and damaging debris to caustic chemicals and temperature extremes
- A variety of zinc plating to resist corrosion
- Stainless steel casters for longer life in caustic environments
- High-performance wheel brakes and swivel locks that lead the way in innovation for precise tooling applications and caster needs
- And the list just keeps going
At RWM the engineering is complex, but the goal is simple: to build unsurpassed performance, unmatched durability, unequaled longevity, and unerring applicability… into every caster, wheel and material handling product we ship!
PETER COMEAU – CEO
Peter has been involved in caster manufacturing for over 22 years. He has acquired significant experience while building and managing caster manufacturing facilities both overseas and domestically. Peter has a Bachelors degree in business administration and has also built upon his 15 years experience in the fluid power industry with dealings with the entire industrial market and the aerospace industry specifically. When he’s not dedicating himself to improving the RWM Company portfolio, Peter enjoys spending time with his family, doing home projects, gardening and mountain biking.
KATHY TAYLOR – V.P. / Controller
With over 27 years of accounting experience, 23 years of which has been spent in the manufacturing industry Kathy has spent years perfecting RWM behind the scenes. She graduated from NC State University with a BS in textile technology and followed that up with a BS in accounting from UNCC. Kathy strives to make dealing with RWM as easy as possible and helps to maintain the flow of information. With past experience at several big name establishments Kathy brings leadership to the RWM team. Kathy is self motivated, detail oriented and directly focused on improving RWM Casters Co. In her free time Kathy enjoys snow skiing, hiking, biking, traveling and reading.
KEVIN BENTON – Operations Management
Kevin graduated from Appalachian State University with a BSBA degree and has been with RWM Casters since 1996. No one knows the ins and outs of the caster manufacturing business like Kevin. He has worked hard to attain the knowledge and experience that is needed to manage the daily operations of RWM’s manufacturing and assembly facilities. Kevin enjoys spending time with his son playing baseball, Xbox, and riding ATV’s. Kevin also enjoys mountain biking, especially when it involves out riding his fellow co-workers!
CHAD TRICKLE – Engineering Management
Chad brings over 21 years of manufacturing, engineering, design, and lean concepts experience to RWM. He holds a BSIT – Manufacturing Systems from East Carolina University to compliment his vast experience. Chad lives in Iron Station with his wife and two daughters. When at home Chad enjoys working in his own shop creating, fabricating and welding crafts along with working on custom cars and trucks. He also enjoys golf, racing and football.