The “Made in the USA” label is becoming increasingly popular among American consumers. Nearly 70% of respondents to a recent survey said they prefer American-made products, and even more respondents said they’d pay more for domestic products.
But a survey doesn’t keep the lights on in your commercial enterprise; even the most patriotic business has to focus on its own bottom line. Does it benefit your company to buy American-made products? We think so — here are some of the reasons why.
Better for Your Business, Better for Workers
Buying American-made products can save you money and help you streamline your own processes. No more waiting for a shipment from overseas; you can order today and receive goods in as little as a few days.
- Receive goods faster: Though transportation is getting faster all the time, there’s a limit to how fast a cargo ship can cross an ocean. Goods made in the U.S. have a far shorter trip to get from the manufacturer to you so that you can receive your order faster, with lower shipping costs ― and as an eco-friendly bonus, a shorter trip means fewer carbon emissions.
- Fewer (if any) middlemen: A shipment from outside the U.S. has to pass through customs, and if it’s coming from outside North America, it’ll likely have to change modes of transport, from ship or plane to train or truck. Each of those stops or changes is an opportunity for your shipment to get detained, missorted, or lost. When your goods come from U.S. facilities, they travel a more streamlined route, so you can have peace of mind your shipment will arrive when you expect it to.
- Rapid turnaround times: Have a special request? U.S. facilities like RWM Casters can nimbly accommodate your project. With little or no time zone difference, we can start planning right away to meet your specific needs. Quick fulfillment means we can finish your project sooner ― and that means you can achieve your goals.
- Labor standards: U.S. labor laws govern manufacturing within the country, but facilities abroad aren’t subject to those same rules ― even if the goods are destined for U.S. customers. When you buy from U.S. manufacturing facilities, you know workers are paid a fair wage, work in safe conditions, and have the materials and training they need to do their job well. At RWM Casters, we believe better conditions for workers lead to a better product for you.
- Support the national economy: Overseas factory workers spend their wages close to home ― but U.S. factory workers shop at the same stores and businesses you do. When they spend more, local businesses grow ― including yours. Whether you manage a factory, a retail store, a food service business, a healthcare facility, or any other enterprise, the benefits of American manufacturing extend well beyond the products you buy today.
RWM Casters Offers American Excellence
RWM Casters has been producing standard and custom casters and wheels for more than 85 years from our facility in central North Carolina. We draw on state-of-the-art technology to design, engineer, and produce superior components; we emphasize rigorous quality testing and comprehensive customer service.
Learn more about our products and capabilities; give us a call at 800-634-7704 or reach out online.