When it comes to heavy-duty applications, RWM’s heavy-duty cast iron wheels are the perfect solution. Made of reinforced material and with a solid core design, these wheels substantially outperform semi-steel alternatives. They’re made to withstand heavy loads, high heat, and demanding conditions.
Standard cast iron wheels are also available. VIEW CI WHEELS >
|Wheel Bearings||Choice of straight roller, annular ball, tapered, celcon, or plain|
|Temperature Range||-40° to 800°F|
|Retaining Washers||All wheels 1-1/2″ and wider with roller bearings are equipped with a metal thrust/retaining washer|
|Bores||Special sizes available upon request|
|Lubrication||All wheels 1-1/4″, 1-1/2″, and 2″ wide are generally lubricated through the hollow axle. Lubrication fittings can be installed on the hub upon request on most of these wheels. 2-1/2″ and wider wheels are supplied with a lubrication fitting on the hub.|
Benefits of Heavy-Duty Cast Iron Wheels
These high-quality wheels have no shortage of benefits. Here’s what our heavy-duty cast iron wheels can offer:
- Extreme weight-bearing capacities: Cast iron is an exceptionally strong material capable of supporting loads much larger than your average wheel. These wheels are one of our highest rated for capacity, capable of of bearing up to 6,000 pounds.
- Easy rolling capabilities: Even on the roughest of floors, heavy-duty cast iron wheels will keep rolling. This helps to minimize the amount of effort it takes to transport heavy loads.
- Appropriate for high-temperature applications: High temperatures demand a wheel that will hold up in these tough conditions. Our wheels are rated for use in temperatures up to 800 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Resistant to water and the environment: These wheels can be used in outdoor settings, and wet conditions (although they will rust over time).
- Capable of withstanding exposure to chemicals, grease, and oil: Accidents happen, and caustic residue can get spilled on the floor. If this happens, our heavy-duty cast iron wheels can withstand chemicals, grease, and oil, so you won’t have to put a halt to operations.
Ready to experience the benefits of heavy-duty cast iron wheels for yourself? Contact RWM Casters at 800-634-7704 to place an order.
One of the greatest features of heavy-duty cast iron wheels is their sustained durability, making them ideal for applications that require heavy loads and demanding conditions. Even if you have rough floors made of concrete or irregular surfaces, these wheels won’t be stopped.
While a great option for many applications, cast iron is not a suitable material for every situation. Don’t use these wheels on floors that need to be protected, as they can cause untreated concrete floors to deteriorate over time. If you need impact strength, as well, forged steel wheels are a better alternative.
Applications that heavy-duty cast iron wheels are commonly used for include:
- High-temperature settings, such as autoclaves, bakeries, smokehouses, curing ovens, and mobile powder coating racks
- Manufacturing applications, such as aerospace, tire, automotive, construction, and heavy farm equipment
- Warehousing applications, such as tow-lines and material handling
Choose RWM Casters for Heavy-Duty Cast Iron Wheels
No matter your application, RWM Casters has the wheels for you. For over 80 years, we’ve worked hard to deliver the highest quality products to our customers. This hard work and experience has led us to become a market leader for wheels and casters. So, if you need strong, durable metal wheels, you won’t find any better than the RWM lineup.
Standard sizes are available for immediate orders. If you don’t see a product that meets your specifications, we would be happy to design a custom solution for the application you have in mind.
Don’t settle for inferior knockoffs — contact RWM Casters at 800-634-7704 to order heavy-duty cast iron wheels!
Frequently Asked Questions
Which bearing should I select with a heavy-duty cast iron wheel?
Our heavy-duty cast iron wheels come with five bearing options to select from: straight roller, annular ball, tapered, celcon, or plain. The type of bearing you will need will depend on your applications. Learn more about which bearings are best for different types of applications with our Bearing Selection Guide.
Can heavy-duty cast iron wheels be customized?
At RWM, we pride ourselves on solving application problems with innovative solutions. If none of our products match your application needs, contact our team to discuss how we can customize a solution.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- High-Temperature Applications
- Heavy-Duty Applications Require Heavy-Duty Solutions
- Wheels for the Automotive Industry
- Casters & Wheels for the Food & Beverage Industry
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
Sign up form