Versatile and strong kingpin casters are commonly used throughout industries such as aerospace, automotive, medical, textile, bakery, and commercial materials handling. Caster assemblies serve as the mounting yoke (or fork) for the swivel wheels of a cart or towline.
When you need to move heavy items quickly and maneuver easily, RWM Kingpin casters offer incredible variety to suit any need. Depending upon your intended use, and the weight of items you typically need to move on your castered carts, our team can create the exact industrial casters you need.
Get custom Kingpin casters designed for your application. Contact RWM Casters online today or call 800-634-7704 now.
- U.S. Made
- Tire Manufacturing
- Towing/Tow Line
Capacity (Up to, Per Pound)
Kingpin Caster Components
The central kingpin, in the form of a bolt or rivet, connects the outer and inner raceways and ball bearings so that the entire assembly works together with the wheels. The ball bearings move around in their raceway to provide smooth motion for your cart. The swiveling yoke connects the caster apparatus to the wheel. A top plate attaches the caster assembly to the cart.
At RWM, we combine the parts in the caster assembly to custom-make the ideal caster and wheel combo for your application. Order Kingpin casters now by calling 800-634-7704.
TYPICAL SWIVEL CROSS SECTION
RWM Casters, the inventor of the Kingpinless™ caster, is the recognized market leader for industrial casters. Don’t purchase an inferior knock-off—contact RWM Casters for proven winning solutions.
Caster Features and Options
Consider your unique working environment, industry, and preferred functional features to select the best casters for your needs from these options:
- Maintenance-Free Casters: These casters drastically cut thread buildup, compared to standard casters, to reduce the need for maintenance of the wheel and swivel. Besides saving you the time and trouble of maintenance, these casters move quietly and are easy to direct and control.
- Stainless Steel Casters: When you need a strong, reliable caster that will not rust, choose stainless steel. For situations where wash downs are common, stainless steel is optimal. Stainless steel wheels and casters can be exposed to moisture, steam, cleaning chemicals, caustic solutions, or other corrosives without damage. These tough casters are ideal for hospital beds or laundry carts, as well as food service applications and more.
- Pneumatic Casters: When you need to provide a smooth and cushioned ride, choose the pneumatic caster. These casters can help make an uneven shop floor or outdoor work area less jarring for better control. Even if your surface is smooth, pneumatics help protect fragile items like ceramics, camera equipment, glass, or liquid cargo.
- Shock-Absorbing Casters: The spring-loaded design of these casters offer a smooth, low-vibration, cushioned ride over uneven ground or shop floors. The primary goal is to reduce the shock and vibration transferred to the items on the cart, truck, or rack being moved around.
- Lockable Casters: These industrial locking casters make sure your cart stays safely where you put it. With locking casters, the foot brake locks both the wheel and swiveling caster, so that the cart or rack only moves when you want it to.
Kingpin casters are typically intended for light- to medium-duty applications, at a variety of capacity levels. Capacity refers to the weight and speed the caster and wheel are designed for. The thickness of the kingpin and size or width of the wheel are adjusted to reach your desired capacity and function.